The Gateway To Independence
Welcome to Gateway For the Blind, Your Gateway to independence.
We offer to you the very best in adaptive technology training. Our professional staff is equipped to give you a full line of service for your computer needs.
Our training includes, but is not limited to,
- Screen reading software; (Jaws, Window-Eyes)
- Screen magnification; (Zoom-Text, Magic)
- Braille displays
- Braille embossers
- Note Takers; (Braille Note, Pac Mate, Braille Lite, Type Lite, Braille Sense and others.)
- Dragon Naturally Speaking
- Mainstream Applications including, Microsoft Office products, (Word, Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.) Internet Explorer, Mozilla Fire Fox and all Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
We also offer computer repair and data retrieval service.
As a full service company, each one of our staff members can perform evaluations on your adaptive technology needs and help to determine the best solution to help achieve your goal. Gateway For the Blind offers a wide variety of adaptive technology resources to the blind community in Missouri and the nation. Since 1995, we have served over 500 visually impaired clients nationwide.
Our purpose is to evaluate the needs of a visually impaired person for employment in a field they are entering. To prepare them for education with the proper training in the use of adaptive hardware and software, and mainstream applications.